The Institution is affiliated to the J&K Board of Technical Education (SBOTE) and follows Semester System. The academic calendar commences with a week after the admissions are complete. The examinations are conducted by J&K SBOTE in May/ June and November/ December session every year. The carry over pattern is followed to qualify for the next class as per the rules prescribed by the J&K SBOTE and is designed keeping in mind the need of the industry.
Three Internal Assessment tests for all theory and practicals are conducted and the internal assessment is awarded on the basis of these tests. For appearing in the final examination, the students is required to have more than 75% of the attendance in each subject and minimum 50% marks in the internal assessment tests conducted by the Institution.
Tentative Schedule for Internal / Sessional Tests is:
1. 1st Sessional / Internal Test = After 5 weeks
2. 2nd Sessional / Internal Test = After 10 weeks
3. 3rd Sessional / Internal Test = After 15 weeks
4. Class Tests = As per teachers requirement
1. Out of three sessional / Internal tests, best of two are considered for awarding final sessional marks.
2. Final sessional marks also depend upon students attendance, practical file and behaviour.
Mere filling of the examination form does not give the right to the students to appear in the examination and students will be allowed to appear in the final examination after completing all other requisite formalities of J&K BOTE.