Government Polytechnic for Women, Jammu has hostel facility for the boarding of female students. The hostel comprises 45 rooms with a capacity of 135 students. Preference is given to those students who belong to far flung areas like Kashmir, Rajouri, Poonch, Doda, Bhaderwah, Kathua, Basohli etc. The hostel is taken care of by the hostel warden Ms. Neetu Rani Najawan. The hostel is equipped with all basic facilities such as ceiling fans, almirah, chair, bed, well furnished dining hall, facility of TV room, rooms for games & recreation etc.
(A) Hostel Rules & Regulations
- Alcohol & Narcotic consumption is strictly prohibited in and around the Hostel premises. Strict action will be taken against offenders.
- Students are not allowed to sit inside the hostel during the college hours.
- Students must turn off all their electrical equipment & lights before leaving their rooms.
- Strict adherence to the prescribed dress code is required. Decency in dressing & demeanor is a must.
- Students are advised not to throw their shampoo pouches and napkins in the washroom.
- The College and Hostel administration shall not be responsible for personal belongings.
- Late comers without any valid & authentic reasons will be penalized.
- Students must keep the Campus & Rooms clean. Defacing walls, equipment, furniture etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Students are advised to mark their proper attendance during the evening assembly conducted by Hostel Warden.
- Students are not allowed to use electric stoves, heaters etc in their rooms except in designated places.
- College and Hostel Management is not responsible for any loss of personal property like mobile phone, gold, watches, money, laptops etc.
- Vandalism is a very serious offence. Students found guilty of committing such an offence shall be expelled from the hostel.
- Pasting / Fixing of posters, writing slogans of any kind is not allowed inside hostel premises.
- Unacceptable behavior by any hosteller must be reported to the Warden immediately.
- Students are allowed to go for tuitions and Project work only after the written permission from their concerned HOD'S and proper consent of their parents. College / Hostel administration shall in no case be responsible for any type of mishappening outside premises.
- Television timings are from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm on working days and from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Sundays and Holidays.
- Outing hours are fixed on Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. A student on an outing must report back to Hostel before 5:00 pm on the same day.
- Parents / Guardians visiting day & time to meet their wards in hostel guest room is fixed as under:
Summers = 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Monday & Friday)
Winters = 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Monday & Friday)
- Parents & Visitors are not allowed beyond the visiting area.
(B) Mess Rules
- Food will be served only in the designated Dining Hall and only during the specified timings. Wasting food & water is not encouraged.
- Students are advised to mark their proper attendance with a signature in the mess register during breakfast, lunch and dinner time.
- Students must pay their mess fee on the due date.
- Refund of fee is allowed only if the student is absent from hostel for either first 15-days or last 15-days or for some medical emergency.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THE HOSTEL / MESS RULES WILL BE PENALIZED AS PER NORMS
Hostel Fee :
The Hostel fee is as follows:
a) Hostel admission fee = Rs. 800/- (Rs.100/- refundable)
b) 2nd Year fee = Rs.700/-
c) 3rd Year = Rs.700/-
The refundable fee of Rs.500/- will be refunded to the students on the production of original hostel admission receipt at the time of leaving the hostel.
Note : The 2nd Year and 3rd Year fee should be deposited before the entry of next year's stay in the hostel. Fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances except Rs.500/- (Hostel Security Deposit). This fee is refunded to the student at the time of discharge from the hostel on the production of original admission receipt and N.O.C. issued by the Hostel Warden.
For Admission in Hostel, you are required to submit the following online form:
Download Parents Consent Form